Keep An Open Mind

What gives me the most energy when I’m doing it?

Which of those things is relevant for this current moment in time?

And what’s the absolute smallest thing I can do to put that into action right now? Maxie McCoy


Reflecting on the last few months, I can safely say that I have questioned how relevant my skills, and my  vision is within this present moment given where we are in this world. 

Why?

A huge part of the life I led before the pandemic was about speaking at conferences, graduations and  other events. Where people congregated in a space to connect and share, I would show up and speak or be a part of a panel or connect in any way.
Many times, I jumped on a plane to get to the spaces where I would speak to the crowd.

Both of these activities have been put on hold since March of this year with no set time or period for a return to "normal", throwing me into some periods of doubt and uncertainty.
It is through this time of uncertainty, I started asking myself, now what? 
(Which is the title of the next book that I took the time to complete during the time at home!)

Do I change or rearrange the vision? Or do I shift the way I thought the vision would play out?
Technology has emerged as another way of reaching the masses, I think it is brilliant having the ability to reach more and more people, all over the world.
So, the question I asked myself was - how can we leverage on this period of change, how can I  keep my eyes on the vision?
The biggest lesson I have learnt is that there must be an open mindedness in changing the how. How we achieve the vision, How we show up. How we embrace change.
If I am set on holding on to the old way of doing things because it worked then I miss the opportunity, I stress myself out waiting for it to return to the old way and I become stuck!

Learning to embrace change and keeping an open mind has been some of the most profound lessons on this Journey, as well as, trusting the process and  trusting the Universe.

So far, without a doubt, all my needs have been met and I give thanks.

Peace

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism