We Must Do The Work

 We must actually do the work. Layla F Saad

In every self help workshop, spiritual gathering and space where I joined in order to heal and grow I have been told that I must do the work.

At first I was not entirely sure what this meant. Am I not doing the work? I thought I was. I believed that I was working hard, being a good person, doing what it takes, eating my veggies and drinking my water.

Turns out that doing the work is holding yourself accountable, taking responsibility, loving and forgiving yourself, setting boundaries, letting go and feeling all of your feelings. Who the heck knew? 

Doing the work is sometimes without immediate reward and many times without anyone else.

We must actually do the work to live the life that we desire

Peace

Now What? Akosua's new book launches in March 2021

Now What? New Book Out Pre Order 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism