Are You Willing?

 Willingness - You must be willing to do what you believe you cannot, and acknowledge what you've avoided. Yes, this can be painful, but when you are unwilling to see things—and people—as they are, you can't deal with the problem, and I can guarantee your situation will be prolonged. Iyanla Vanzant 





Understanding the principle of  willingness was a turning point for me on my journey. When I finally got it, it changed the way I viewed challenges and so many other areas on my journey.

I ask myself in the moment "Am I willing?

Am I willing to see this differently?

Am I willing to listen?

Am I willing to pause?

Am I willing to do something different?

Am I willing to drop the righteous behavior's?

Am I willing to be wrong?

Am I willing to do a hard new thing?

Am I willing to change the perception of myself?

Am I willing to change what I do daily?

Willingness is to consider just for a moment. Consider the thing. Just consider it. This is the first step. Rather than completely write it off. 

Willingness is to be ready just in case things start popping off.

And with these questions, I pause. I take the opportunity to look at the possibilities rather than the past. It's been tough, because I want evidence, I want control and most of all I want to avoid pain! Pain mashes me up, let me tell you. I want to avoid that discomfort so much that I run from it, familiar pain I am ok with, new pain - I scream and avoid.

When I became willing I recognized that I can do something differently and its ok. The discomfort will pass. Go through it to see what is on the other side. What I have noticed that on the other side, I have gained something, I like myself more to. Being willing does not push you to make an immediate decision, what it does that it allows you to pause and consider that there are different possibilities.

Give willingness a shot and watch how it changes your mindset.

Peace

I DeClare - Download your free guide



Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism