What No Longer Works for me is?

 When you let go, you create space for something infinitely better to come into your life. Sue Morter



My mind is sometimes like an untrained puppy! it runs around and around and around and will not stop until its tired or something stops it. In my case the something is meditation, prayer, sleep or speaking to a group of people preferably on a stage.

I have noticed that the "untrained puppy" comes out when I have to surrender my way, when I have to let go, when I cannot fix or control anything. The puppy barks - makes up stories

The puppy barks- wants attention

The puppy barks - chases the tail until it gets exhausted

Why? The difficulty of letting go, surrendering and fixing it to look like I want it to, the fear of "losing"

I have had to affirm to myself over and over again that letting go is not loss, letting go is growth.

Life goes on, there is nothing that anyone can do to stop life, so it really is up to us when we are in situation when we know we have to let go we get to choose.

Uncertainty is par for the course and it is helpful to find ways to deal with the  uncertainty that life throws at us, as well as the discomfort of change. Its not always pretty or does not always feel good! Its real.

Letting go and surrendering has been hard for me because I want what I want.

 I run from pain and fear that comes uncertainty. I have been focusing on trusting myself, on affirming myself and remembering the lessons.

- this too shall pass

- trust the process

- feel all your feelings

Peace


I DeClare - Download your free guide



Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism