Surrender is Always an Option

 surrender is always an option in every moment of our lives. Daily OM



Confessions on the journey - Surrendering and letting go of my way is a tough one for me. Surrender requires trust, faith, patience and courage. It requires an inner knowing that whatever happens I will be well equipped with the tools to handle it.  

When I am uncertain, or cannot understand what is in presented to me, I look to find certainty, assert control and find understanding. This process looks sometimes like me stating my point numerous times, I push the limits - I press all buttons. It also looks like overthinking - I make stories up to help me understand. And the stories are usually of little or no help. After all, they are not real!

I have been journaling, meditating and using affirmations. 

My favorite affirmation and prayer has been "I surrender all" 

Sums it up nicely - all of it! every single thought, story, message, and action - I surrender it all.

I give up the need to control when I have done all that is humanly possible, when I recognize that I really do have no control over the outcome and I trust in the higher power to guide me. I accept what is, because as Byron Katie says when you argue with reality, you suffer.

Peace and Blessings

I DeClare - Download your free guide


Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism