Change requires us to make a choice

 Change requires us to make a choice: Do we settle and stay the same, or do we press forward, get uncomfortable, and learn from what's in front of us? Alex Elle



This morning as I was journaling, I asked myself what am I doing differently in situations I claim that I want change. What am I doing to make a change, to shift a habit, to honour the change that I so want in my life?

What I have learnt is that doing the same thing, in the same way brings very little change. If any at all. I have also learnt that the comfort of knowing that sometimes that old way works, I would be relentless with my approach. I would continue to use it in the hope and prayer that this time it works. I f I read it somewhere, well even worse, I would stick with this approach and there would be no turning back.

I now know that  making a change requires doing new things, feeling uncomfortable, leaving things and people behind and feeling all my feelings. It has not been the easiest thing that I have done.

And so I pledge and declare today, that I am making a change, starting small, by paying attention to the things that I habitually do, by summoning the courage to do those things differently and having the faith that I can handle it.

Pema Chodron says "Sometimes,  you just have to let everything fall apart"  - that resonated with me. I confess, I want to fix, control, feel safe, know the next steps. It works at times, other times I feel frustrated and unsafe. So letting things fall apart will be a new experience, I don't have to fix, control, know everything. Life delights in the unexpected and for 2023 I am willing to be delighted.

Peace and Blessings

I DeClare - Download your free guide



Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism