Power - A Different Definition

 Humanity and Decency over Perfection - Elizabeth Gilbert



Kemi Neckvapil's definition of Power in her book " A Woman's Guide to Leading and Leading without Apology" has gotten me so excited that I felt it my duty to share.

It resonated to me in such a profound way, I love it and would also love to hear your thoughts

POWER

P: PRESENT 

Be present to what is working in your life, to what is not working. Be present to ourselves and with ourselves so that we can be authentically present to other people. When we are present it has an impact on how we show up in the world.

O - OWNERSHIP

Take full ownership of our stories, those we have been told, those we have witnessed, those who have made up, those we have lived and those we have experienced. When we integrate all of those stories, the good, the bad, the ugly, allows us to feel powerful in the world instead of hiding.

W-WISDOM

We all have an incredible internal wisdom, yet it is trained out of us at a very early age. Trust your inner guru, your inner mentor, your intuition and do not outsource our lives and abandon it.

E - EQUALITY

We all have an internal equality because we are human. We have different external resources but our equality is never in question.

R- RESPONSIBILITY

No one is coming to save you. You are responsible for your own life. When we are responsible, even if the most devastating things happen, we can decide "I am responsible for my healing, I am responsible for the action that I can take next, I am responsible for my words"

 It does not mean that life may be easier, in some ways, it may be harder but it means that you can take the choice to show up in the world as who we want to be.

Peace

I DeClare - Download your free guide



Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism