The work you do ON yourself

 the work you do on yourself will show in the connections that stay and in the ones that fade away, the work you do on yourself will show in the energy you tolerate and in the vibrations you reject. the more inner work you do, the more shifts you start to see in your outer world. Billy Chapata 



The work you do ON  yourself  - this is the line that drew me to the quote above by the wonderful poet Billy Chapata.

What am I doing ON myself, FOR myself.

Life has this way of doing whatever it must to get your attention. So even when ignore the work on ourselves, Life will reflect back to you wherever you are

And usually the changes, the shifts, the motion starts inside - The most famous inside job.

My habit has been at the end of a year to regroup, to set goals, objectives, a vision for the next year. I have been doing this for quite a number of years. This year was the first time I contemplated changing it, then life happened. So many changes happened on the last day of the year, I had to pause as life said to me, where are YOU in all this?

Where am I and Who am I

Pause and pay attention to that - its not a one time, one answer scenario, we change, evolve, we grow. I confess - I was stuck in a past time, I now am working on getting to know me again, to fall in love with me again, to appreciate me again, to move away from the me that morphs into what others need me to be. - You get me?

Let me say it again -  to move away from the me I believe I need to be so that others can feel comfortable and I can feel accepted.

And when you do the work prepare to heal - in that healing process, you may lose some and you may gain some - people and positions. It is par for the course. Not easy however, required.

Peace and Blessings

I DeClare - Download your free guide


Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism