Easy Ecuador - Day 6

Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgement will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is readily seen - Leonardo DaVinci

I was reading a story today and it talked about how people believe that resting, reflecting, taking a pause is only warranted when we are tired, or things are falling apart or not going as well as we expected. This article challenged this and spoke about taking time out when things are also normal. When things are "normal" take some time to reflect and rest, you do it from a different place. Sometimes overwhelm can also come from a "good place" or a "normal place"
Have you ever heard of too much of a good thing?
Balance

Relection, rebooting, retooling is required and waiting until things fall apart to make time to do it may be too much too little too late!
Schedule it in
It can be simple
A day in bed with your PJ's or favourite book,.
A trip to the beach or ocean or even river
A walk in nature
An ice cream or slice of cake
Do what brings you joy
and don't waut

Today I found a small bakery in Salogo, a small village and bou oh boy did I go crazy!
Give me one of each I said in my Spanglish!
I think I am high on flour but oh so worth it!
Peace

Order the Journal Here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/akosua-dardaine-edwards/daily-lessons-on-the-journey-a-journal/paperback/product-23425621.html

Dowload Free Ebook I DeClare
www.akosuadardaineedwards.com/publications


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism