Rest More

It’s a continual fight that requires some serious daily rituals: hard work, exercise, meditation, reading, writing, and talking with people that love us. 

I came down with the flu this week. There is always a lesson that comes along with me and getting the flu. I know it because it is one of the things I absolutely cannot stand! getting ill. My own belief system is that getting the flu or ill is a manifestation of something that I am not ready, willing or able to deal with and heal
I know, I know, it is an extreme position to take, it is truly how I feel
The manifestation of the flu and me being unable to move around to me indicates:
not taking enough time to rest
not paying attention to my eating habits
worrying unecessarily about lack - lack of money, lack of time, lack of work
bad habits
poor health choices

so the lesson is not beating up myself when I do get the flu. Life happens and this situation is feedback to do something different, to change something, rest more, eat better, sleep more restfully
Took me a while but slowly gets me there too
Excuse me while I go back to sleep
Peace

 http://www.lulu.com/shop/akosua-dardaine-edwards/daily-lessons-on-the-journey-a-journal/paperback/product-23425621.html




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism