Perception is A Choice

Perception is a choice of what you want yourself to be; the world you want to live in, and the state in which you think your mind will be content and satisfied. It chooses where you think your safety lies, at your decision. It reveals yourself to you as you would have you be ACIM

This morning I participated in  a 10K Race in Pretoria. The setting was at the Voortrekker Monument. Starting the race I was confident that I could run a 10k having run one a few days before, as I navigated the course, I realised that there were quite a few monster hills. It was a tad bit discouraging but I was determined to complete the race. The self talk was real! "whatever happens, complete the race" and that was my mantra.

It was my choice on how the course and race was perceived. I decided that it was challenging but whatever happens I will complete it.
 At Km 8 there were 107 steps to climb, cue in the mantra. "whatever happens, complete the race", the course was beautiful, I stopped a couple of times to take pictures like a true tourist!

Whatever happens- complete the race!

My medal was duly deserved

Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism