Top Seven Lessons from South African Trip

 Forgive the past and let it go, for it is gone. You stand no longer on the ground that lies between the worlds ACIM

The time is drawing near to leave South Africa,  there so many emotions wrapped up in this trip, in this leaving.

I am always amazed at how distance away from the norm,  the distance away from the day to day grind can bring so much of a difference in the way I think. I can almost say that it is inspiring, it has been a reminder to me that the world is not the space I occupy but there is so much more out there.
So, for this I have decided to share my top lessons learnt on this trip.

1. Keep an open mind - things can be done differently to what you know and still be okay.

2. Everyone is connected - people are people everywhere. We want to feel heard, to be seen and to learn and share experiences.

3. Even is you are not in control it does not mean that things are out of control - on this trip I did not even have too much say even about what I ate.

4. Dream Big, Think Globally  - this to me means stop playing small, stop thinking small, let your dream be as grand as your imagination can take you.

5. A sister circle is important - without the judgements, without the heat. Authentic and open safe spaces help us grow.

6. Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.

7. Asking for what you want when it is different to what is offered to you does not mean that you are ungrateful.

Thank you South Africa



Have you read any of Akosua's work?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism