Stay in Your Business

If you are living your life and I am mentally living your life, who is here living mine? We’re both over there. Being mentally in your business keeps me from being present in my own. I am separate from myself, wondering why my life doesn’t work.To think that I know what’s best for anyone else is to be out of my business. Even in the name of love, it is pure arrogance, and the result is tension, anxiety, and fear. Do I know what’s right for me? That is my only business. Let me work with that before I try to solve your problems for you. If you understand the three kinds of business enough to stay in your own business, it could free your life in a way that you can’t even imagine. Byron Katie



Staying out of other people's business can be a challenge especially when you either care about them, believe that what they are doing is wrong or bad, or think you have the answer to their dilemma We want people who we care about to thrive, to live well, to be happy.
However we have to ask ourselves what is our real intention behind this belief.
I have learnt that many times we want our own way, we want to be seen as useful, we want to be of value to others.
I have learnt that people are on their own journey. that we can be of support but we cannot hold them up to meet our dreams and standards. I have learnt to stay in my lane, to respond to when asked rather than stick my nose in in places without being asked
People say, why not simply help others. We can help others by being supportive, not by being nosey to make ourselves feel good or to live up to our standards of that is right or not right
Bitter pill to swallow
Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism