Thank you... Every Woman

Anytime you feel danger or fear
Then instantly I will appear 'cause
I'm every woman, it's all in me - Chaka Khan
Thank you to the real ones

Thank you to every single woman that:
- worked without pay
- worked with little pay
- worked with half pay
- worked yet late pay
- showed up tired
- showed up and did the damn thing
Thank you

Thank you to every single woman:
- who stayed
- who stayed because...
- who stayed proud despite..
- who stayed the course
Thank you

Thank you to every single woman:
- who travelled far to find work
- who left their homes in the dark to get to work'
- who left the children at home or with the  family to do the work
- who took a lotta shit at work
- who beat off the advances on the job to keep the work
- who walked off the work because that didn't work
- who called it out because they were not afraid to lose the work
- who did the work
Thank you

Thank you to every single woman:
- who paid their dues, my dues, your dues
- who paid the bills
- who paved the path
Thank you

I commit to every single one of you today that I, Akosua will honour all of this, everything, in my own little way starting by how I live my life, every day as a demonstration of the gratitude which assisted  to get me to this here place.
I will always remember that you paid, you prayed, you slayed.
I thank you
I love you
I honour you
Woman
May I always remember the ground upon which I now stand.
Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism