Testimony

Love wishes to be known, completely understood and shared. It has no secrets; nothing that it would keep apart and hide. It walks in sunlight, open-eyed and calm, in smiling welcome and in sincerity so simple and so obvious it cannot be misunderstood. ACIM

Yesterday's event at The Arts Cafe TT was lovely, the spirit of kinship, the support of my friends and family, an absolutely full house! Give thanks
I want to share a testimony from the evening...Happy Reading

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a Wellness Wednesday event featuring @akosuadedwards at @theartscafett.
Let me start by saying that the universe works in mysterious ways.
I catered an event earlier this year for which the feature speaker was Ms. Akosua Edwards. At the time I was hiding from accepting the huge changes that occurred in my life and so, it wasn’t my time to meet Akosua. Other than catering the event, I had no idea who she was.
Six months passed during which I had a complete breakdown. Yet somehow, pulled myself together enough to start this page to actively track my self-love journey and hopefully help others along the way.
A total of ONE day after starting the page I stumbled upon Akosua’s event and it was like everything in the universe lined up. It was about self-love, in San Fernando at a convenient time and it was free! I had to attend.
Akosua’s profound words resonated so deeply with the packed room that by the time I heard what my soul knew I needed to hear, I was in tears. Like Akosua at the beginning of her journey, I’d lost my “identity” and was struggling to come to terms with that loss.
I needed to hear that, to truly move forward, I need to accept where I am, that I can’t hide from the truth and that I should not sit in judgement of myself for not being where I think I should be.
Sometimes our greatest obstacle is ourselves.
Sometimes we fear failure so much that we never try.
Sometimes we decide for ourselves long before we even give it any real thought.
Always be kind to yourself.
Always be honest with yourself.
Always give yourself the benefit of the doubt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism