Courage requires showing up real

 “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”― Maya Angelou


The biggest lessons I learnt about courage came from the worst mistakes & messes I made.

(And, upon realizing the mess, deciding to learn from that). Losing friends.
Sleeping with the wrong guy(s). Ahem.
Expending effort trying to get the wrong people to like me.
Wasting time on better looking, more impressive titles, thinking that it would give me something, somehow.
Questioning every obvious sign the Universe threw me.
Doubting the support & love of people who truly cared.
Taking out my anger at people who didn’t deserve it.
Hesitating.
Doubting.
Judging.
Self-righteousness.
Complete & utter lack of boundaries.
Alienation & isolation.
Holding back.
Not being myself.
Not telling the truth-truth-truth.

You have to develop Courage; Like a habit. It’s a practice that you create & cultivate over time.
Courage is keeping your word, first to yourself
You can be scared + courageous

Courage requires showing up real. Trusting yourself.

It involves making mistakes. Failing. Pissing people off. Giving up the illusion of Control. Uncertainty. & radical self love.

Courage is required for living on purpose

Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism