What Do You Do with the Old Programs in your Head?

Be humble and ready to fumble.” Erika Hines

The Universe is always providing us with information, opportunities, knowlwedge and guides. All day, every day, life will provide us with the signs and guidance needed to navigate through where we are to our highest self.
When I remember this, it allows me to loosen the resistance to situations that I preceive as negative or nonesense.

The other lesson that I have been recalling is - show up with love and in love.
This means, rather that be resentlful of the situation, find some love in yourself whilst in the moment. I have been practising this with simple activities this week such as traffic. Initially I would express my annoyance with what we call in Trinidad and Tobago a steups. A sound made from kissing our teeth. Then I would bemoan about the cars on the road and ask myself where are all these people going - as if I am not going somewhere as well!

Now, I am practising to ask- what would keep me peaceful? It is music, so I turn on the music and have a jam party in the traffic. I sing, dance and smile. My peace returns. I deduced that if I practice with the small things when I am in other spaces with higher stakes I can take the opportunity to switch my thinking and mood.

Showing up in love is really about how you maitain a level of peace so that you can make better decisions when in a tight spot or just because better decisions make for better living.
Our default programme kicks in when we are in so called crisis mode or if we believe we must be protected from something. This is were the unlearning comes in.
Ask yourself: How can I bring love into this situation as it is now?

Ask Yourself: How am I blocking the opportunities being presented due to fear and unwillingness


and listen well enough to the response from the Universe - who really- has your back!
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism