Start with Yourself First

Start with yourself first, not with the market or what you think you should do.Start with what brings you alive, what gets you up and excited. Build a business around that.Amplify that energy into your conversations, your online presence and your marketing. Your offer will resonate only with some people — the right people. And there are plenty of those. Alicia Rodriguez

This morning, I was having a conversation with someone I consider a very dear friend. The conversation centered around the marketing of a service that I want to offer in the near future (stay tuned because I would love for you to join me on this journey.) 

She asked me ,who was the target and what is the intention. All valid questions to which I responded very logically. I responded with what I learnt in business school, with the popular jargon. When it left my mouth and hit my ears I felt nothing. No connection, no fire, no excitement, no fuel. Which was strange because preparing the service I felt all of those emotions. 

That was when I realised that I took myself completely out of the process. I was now just following a template and there was no "me" in the equation.

How could that be? When did that happen?

Without me then what is it?

Without YOU in your work, your decisions, your business, your love then what is it then? Is it just a follow fashion formula of what we believe would work because someone else told us that, of what is safe and status quo?

 Of course we can learn from others, the challenge is in the learning to keep YOU, your essence, your soul, your passion, your excitement, your love in it. If these emotions are missing then chances are that we need to go back to the why. Why are we doing this. and Whether or not we need a rest or  to be doing something totally new.

Bring your full, whole self with you to whatever you are doing, and if you can't or don't want to its time to ask yourself why.

Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism