What is an Aware Teacher?

An unaware teacher teaches you to think like them. An aware teacher teaches you to think like yourself. Minna Salami

Think about your teachers, your best teachers. What stands out for you when you think about them?

I remember the teacher who had the biggest impact on me, she challenged me in so many ways and despite the discomfort I wanted to remain in her prescence to learn, to be seen, to be challenged.
There was never a question that I had to follow or be like her, just for me to be my best self. Be your best self, do your best. Fulfil the potential you know that you have. Show up.
And most importantly - Be better than me, do better than me.
That blew me away.

I took her formula.
I teach to make others better than me
Because that is how we learn.
that is how we grow
when we create other thinkers

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism