Tap into your own path

 While each part of the back tends to store different emotions, in examining lower back pain, Francis describes a twofold capacity. The sacrum, the triangular bone at the base of the spine is “considered the sacred bone. It can hold a great amount of fear. The sacrum at its worst deals with financial security fears and moving forward in your life. It also deals with loss of people, which gives way to fears of moving forward without that particular person or situation. At best, in the sacrum and low back area, you can connect into your soul space and tap into your own path toward your greatest path moving forward.” Kalia Kelmenson


Confessions on the Journey - I have been having  back pains. It's been a recurring theme for months. The pain started getting worse and so, I decided to go to the doctor.

The doctor said, it may be a back strain or stress! The doctor recommended to stop stressing and stretch more after exercising. It sounded so simple when he said it. I actually got annoyed (more confessions) when he doled out the "cure". It seemed so simple and trivial. 

Most solutions really are simple, it's us who complicate the hell out of things. Anyhoos, I digress. 

Stop stressing and start stretching. Simple like that.

I went to the pharmacy and bought some bio freeze and decided that I would run less days a week and stop boxing all together. I would rest. 

I did not want to rest. But hey, the body sends us signs. Up to us to pay attention. 

When I calmed down after the doctor's visit, I realized that I was stressing - internalizing the stresses, rather than letting them go or dealing with them.

The combination of living through the changes that the pandemic  has brought, my response to the earning less income during the pandemic, my own resistance to how I now earn money and keeping it all inside has indeed contributed to where I am now. 

And so, I have started healing by journaling these thoughts, stretching and resting. I am fully invested in the healing journey and learning the lessons from it.

The path to healing has begun! 

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism