There are no quick fixes in life

 there are no quick-fixes in life 

What is the most urgent thing in your life at this present moment? Right now.

Give it some thought.

In this right now present moment, as you read this, what is the most pressing and urgent matter that you must attend to?

What is the thing that if you don't stop reading right now, your life will fall apart, everything around you will be ruined?

What is the thing that you want to happen right away? What is that thing , if it doesn't happen now, like right now, life will just never be the same?

I thought about these questions, and I can now safely say that in the present moment,  there is nothing is that urgent or must happen now apart from me breathing in and out. If I inhale and not exhale, that means my life stops - literally.

So the most important thing right now is my breath.

 And so, the stress of wanting it to happen NOW, of things being so so urgent, now releases its hold on me.

I take action, I take brisk action, I plant the seeds and I wait, knowing that patience is part of the journey and really, there are no quick fixes in life.

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism