Unshakeable Confidence is a Mythical Destination

 Unshakeable Confidence is a Mythical Destination - Sas Petherick 

Reading Sas's work  truly resonated with me. Her philosophy comes from a space that anything from a new behaviour, a new way of thinking, experimenting with a new skill, learning something new will involve disappointment, failure, conflict, judgement, rejection and complexity, as well as, success. This is how self belief is cultivated.

Open minded consistent practice and discipline.

Every time I have to speak to an audience, I get nervous, I feel sweaty, the doubts creep in about if I can deliver something that makes sense. Reading Sas's work, I am comforted by the idea that growth is not linear. it involves risk and messiness, and sometimes falling down. The most important thing is showing up, getting up and keeping in mind that humanness has beauty as well as pain. Accepting the duality of it has helped in me navigating not just speaking engagements but approaches to situations in life.

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism