Mental strength doesn't require you to ignore your emotions.

Mental strength doesn't require you to ignore your emotions.

Increasing your mental strength isn't about suppressing your emotions; instead, it's about developing a keen awareness of them. It's about interpreting and understanding how your emotions influence your thoughts and behavior. Amy Morin


I ended my subscription to the "strong women don't cry" club. It's up! I quit that shit!
I know I am strong, and hiding my emotions will not take that strength away
Where did that notion come from anyway?
Who sold me that?
Well, it's a new day because hiding my emotions is just plain ole stoopid! It eventually breeds resentment
Hiding my emotions for what? to prove to who that I am strong?
Newsflash to self: You strong boo!

As usual, it's all about balance, what are we doing with these emotions and what are the behaviors surrounding them? Emotions are guides, that's it.

Peace

Buy Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/akosua-dardaine-edwards/daily-lessons-on-the-journey-a-journal/paperback/product-23425621.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism