A thought is a valuable possession

There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I’m going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.” (Elizabeth Gilbert, author)
 
She had this way where she would watch me and say to me “ what’s the monkey mind saying to you now?, get still and listen within!” This question would suddenly surface when I seemingly don’t get my way or I want to “fix” something!
 
“what’s the monkey mind?” it’s the chitter  chatter that is prodding you to fix, to make it right, to look good, it’s your big fat ego telling you that either to win at all costs or that you’re failing!
None of it is true and you seem to fall for it!
 
My monkey mind was working overtime this week, screaming fix it, you are going to fall flat on your face! Do something!
 
 
The awesome revelation on this journey is the value of free will and my thoughts! Free will doesn’t mean that you do anything you like and act like a tun tun fly! It’s really the ability to choose and the thing is we can choose in love or in fear! Our thoughts are most valuable possession and I have no accepted and embraced this! (One tip, meditation helps in stilling your mind)
 
So what did I learn to day?
 
Be still! Marianne Williamson said, if you have a burning question that you need guidance on, close your eyes connect to the Spirit within you and ask and be prepared to hear an answer that you may not like but at all times it will be the answer that you need.
Peace!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism