Get busy seeing about YOUR OWN happiness


Free yourself of the responsibility of trying to make other people happy. Respect and love them enough to allow them to take care of their own happiness ( unknown)

I cannot remember where I got the quote above from, I usually walk around with my little note book and if I see or hear something I write it down. I thought this one was “tuff” (one of my favourite slangs too, for pretty good!). And right on cue as usual I am flipping through my book yesterday after a conversation on base and there it was staring me in the face!

One of the guys was going on and on all day about how he’s doing all that he can to make the boss happy and she is never happy or satisfied with him. I asked him is it your responsibility to make her happy or is it your responsibility to do your job to the best of your ability? Seems as though you are focusing on making her happy and neglecting the job she asked you to do which you are pretty good at!

And then I thought about myself, OMG! A lesson right here unfolding in front my eyes. I do the same bloody thing! I want to make people around me happy at all cost, I do whatever I think they want, don’t ask just assume and then it backfires and I get pissed off. So the lesson, my happiness is my responsibility, number one and then let other people take care of their own happiness as well! It is really just that simple and I got it! Penny Dropped!

So what did I learn today?

When I expect things should be a certain way and they do not turn out that way, I have a reaction. I never stop to consider the benefits of how things are. In most cases I fall head-first into the disappointment of how they are not. That is what causes my upset.

OMG! It’s not the thing at all! It is me! I am the cause – - – not of the experience but, I am the cause of the experience I have in response to an experience. Does that make sense? I hope so because it is the only way to claim the power of your mind and make sense of the experiences in your life.

I’m off now to see about my happiness! I hope that you are as well

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism