Have the courage to accept that you are good enough to handle it!


"According to A Course in Miracles, there are only two basic emotions: one is fear, the other is love. You may fear the disapproval of others. Take that risk and you'll discover that you receive more approval when you don't seek it than when you do. You may fear the unknown. Take that risk as well. Wander in there, asking yourself, "What is the worst thing that can happen if this doesn't work out?" The truth is that you will just move beyond it. You're not going to starve to death or be tortured if it doesn't work out... Fear knocked at the door. Love answered and no one was there."- Wayne Dyer, page 29 from his book "10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace." Dyer is a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer.

This morning the penny dropped, a PD moment! I am selling my house in Trinidad, I told the bank that that I have put it up for sale, they are happy they said great you can pay off the arrears that you have, we will help you. We will get some agents and clients for you along with your agent to speed up the process.

I have a tenant, he’s high strung. The bank’s agent went and told him that I am in trouble with the bank and they are here to show clients the house – which is not true, so the proverbial shit hit the fan! He contacted me and said that he will not be showing the house to any perspective buyers as in his agreement he doesn’t have to, the bank now in turn said that they would take me and him to court.

I was like wow! All I want is to sell the house and start on a new journey!

And this morning I got it! I always believed that if I was a good person that nothing bad would happen to me, I would live a happy life, die and go to heaven! But then reality came and threw a cold one in my face! Hello!!

So here’s the thing on this journey, this spiritual path that I chose to take, here’s what I got this morning, on the path crap will come up, life happens, what we may consider challenges will always occur but being on the path allows me to deal or handle it in a way that is way more peaceful and loving than ever before. Now I can choose a response based on love, not fear. I can feel free in the belief that all things work together for good and whatever happens I can handle it! I can park up the worry and judgement for just a moment and breathe! I can face the music even though I do not really like the tune!

I woke up this morning feeling brand new!

I emailed the bank and the tenant and all the responses were love based! I do not know what will happen now but I know now that worry and fear is totally out of the equation! Awesomeness all round!

So what did I learn today?

Let the irritations go! Recognize them for what they are ~ spiritual teachers and life lessons put in your path to
1) challenge your mindset; 2) give you practice in combating automatic negative thoughts; 3) provide you with skills to build strength and test your character; and 4) allow you to come back again and again to life...full of life!! Move ahead...look up...knowing today will be an even better day...because you are actively looking for good things to happen!(adapted from a talk given by Les Brown)

Peace!!!


Comments

  1. U go Ako..Deal with the problem head on, WITHOUT STRESSING ON IT. Acting in manner that will help to solve the situation, all the while having a positive mind set...Learning from the experience & building character, strength and resilience...how can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!Fyah bun the stressing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism