The Mini Skirt Debate


 
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw."- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

There was an animated discussion on base this weekend! While it was going on I didn’t understand what was being said as it was in their language. Then I saw the animators move towards me, approaching me with a number of newspapapers.

Madam have a look at this

I took the papers

Well you can have this one back its in Luganda and I don’t understand the language yet

I asked, what am I looking at?

They told me that the Government is on the verge of banning miniskirts; they want a discussion on this and my thoughts. Women could be arrested for donning skirts above the knee if the law is passed.

What are your views and thoughts, you are the people who live here!

One guy said, let’s start a campaign “save the mini”

One young woman said “It’s a huge waste of time, does wearing a skirt make you a bad person or a prostitute?”

Another guy said it encourages looseness and bad behaviour

Another one said in her village she cannot wear trousers or mini skirts when she returns home for visits, no one speaks to her and they ask her if she is now a prostitute

One man said that the time spent talking about miniskirts in Parliament can be used for something better but he is in favour of the ban.

All very interesting views on the mini-skirt and the decision to ban it!

Madam, what do you say?

I say that you guys have the power to make a change, just take it!

Peace!
http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013/04/savetheminiskirt-uganda-proposes-miniskirt-ban/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism