Just like that - we move them out!


People who earn the label “creative” are really just people who
come up with more combinations of ideas, find interesting ones faster,
and are willing to try them out. The problem is that most schools
and organizations train us out of those habits
.
Guy Kawasaki, author

There was a raging debate on the base over the past few months about how many of the key people on this project lack creativity. The view was then cemented on Saturday when we all got together in a hotel to come up with “creative ideas” on how to take the thing forward and the responses were all safe and as we can say in the box!

On Monday morning she called me, she said to me I am letting 2 people go today. “Just like that?”
No
Didn’t you tell me Madam Akosua to always follow my gut, my first instinct?
Yea I did
Well I am taking your advice, this is what my gut is telling me to do
Ok well I can’t argue with that then
Madam, we have been talking to them for months to come up with ideas, take risks, be creative and look at what we received on Saturday, no its time to step up the game, let’s start over! It’s better to take a risk make a quick decision than wait to see if things are going to prove knowing that my gut is telling me to act
So what did I learn today?
Running a business in Uganda one has to be bold! Running a business in Uganda one has to be tough! Running a business in Uganda one has to believe and trust in themselves to run a business! Uganda is the same everywhere in the world that I’ve been! Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism