Welcome to Chateaubelair


Give yourself some adventure, some achievement, some fellowship, learning, exhilaration, and other great moments of experience. Ralph Marston

St Vincent, an island of approximately 110000 people in the Caribbean. I was asked to go to conduct a meeting/training session for a rural community group in a place called Chatubelauir. There are no hotels in the village and so I was booked at a guesthouse called Beach house Bar, this ought to be interesting!
I arrive and met the driver, Mr Greaves at the airport and I asked him about dinner, he said ahhh there is nowhere on the island open now except KFC!
Really?
Yes
Ok, so what’s the alternative as I am a vegetarian?
Chips or fries?
I laugh, we drive around the capital for about 2omins and just as he said the only sign of life I saw were some young guys playing football in a car park! As we were about to exit Kingstown a Subway was open, I stop in and grab a salad!
The drive to the village was just over an hour, mostly uphill with lovely views of the ocean. As the sun was going down over the water I thought about the beauty of nature and how having the opportunity to see this in so many different countries is such a blessing!
We pass through a number of villages and bounced up to 2 funerals, I ask Mr Greaves if this is where all the people are at! He said its a big occasion!
Get to the village, its pouring with rain and its a small house with the basics! I get out and ask for Internet, no chance at this point, sorry! I think about how much time I spend on the Internet! So tonight its just me and the crickets and my thoughts to keep me company!

Awesomeness!
Peace!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism