Do You Lower Your Standards For Others?

"Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.” Anonymous


"Just open up - you project that you are very serious and live a high flying life"- a guy told me this yesterday and yes, confessions on the journey, I really dig this guy! So when the statement was made I was a tad bit shocked! to me it was very random and out of the blue, because we haven't spoken for ages and the initial conversation was, to me at least, nothing to do with this!

I thought about it for a while! Why lower my standards just to have a man? Nah sah!
Why lower my standards just to be alone? Double na sah!
I am all advocating for flexibility and compromise, I am all for having standards and boundaries.

I am all for love! I love love
It is the greatest force and feeling ever!

So if anyone is coming at me to ask me to lower my standards I will have to politely decline and let them know I can and I will love them from afar!

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?
Nyabo (Madam) - Why Are You Here?
Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal

Follow Akosua on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism