Get Off the Sidelines

There would be no need for love if perfection were possible. Love arises from our imperfection, from our being different and always in need of the forgiveness, encouragement and that missing half of ourselves that we are searching for, as the Greek myth tells us, in order to complete ourselves. Eugene Kennedy

Perfection is a form of fear, this much I have learnt.
When I wait and wait and wait for the perfect moment it never comes, I always see something that I can adjust or change or do better. Then I pack it in because either the time has passed or some other excuse that I give myself
On the flip side, I used to think that no one could do the past better than I could, so I would take it over, get frustrated and overwhelmed when I have too much to do and cuss!
Another form of fear.

Now, I just do, I must admit that this philosophy frustrates a lot of people, they tell me that I am rash, or I am non committal, or that I am ill prepared
What I have learnt is I can learn as I go, sitting on the sidelines keeps me both stuck and I continue to suck! I don't grow. Nothing can take the place of being in the arena. Of getting that experience
Yes Yes I know, we want it to turn out right, we want to make new friends, we want our old friends to not critisize.
Newsflash- the feedback, the pissing people off, the dealing with the fall out is all part of the lessons, all part of the growth - par for the course I say
So, get in the game, get muddy, get the lesson and then get out

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?
Nyabo (Madam) - Why Are You Here?
Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal


Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism