Ego vs Intuition

When you treat yourself with the kindness and high regard that you would give to one of your spiritual heroes, your body becomes the epicenter of quiet joy rather than a battlefield for the ego.
Debbie Ford

How do you know the difference between the voice of intuition and the voice of the ego?
I have asked myself this question a couple of times over the last month
Triggered of course by a chain of events. I was asked to assist  a community group, repeatedly. I kept procrastinating because, confessions on the journey, I do not agree with the philosophies of the leader. I can probably go so far as saying she gets on my nerves. And when things and especially people get on my nerves it bugs the whole hell out of me! (that is another post althogether!)
So how do you know the difference between the voice of the ego and the voice of the intuition?

I have deduced that the voice of intuition is the voice of peace, when you listen to it, you feel at peace.
The voice of the ego shouts, it speaks loudly and makes you overthink, there is no peace.
Life according to Akosua.....
So I listened to the voice, I chose the peaceful option,
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?
Nyabo (Madam) - Why Are You Here?
Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal

Follow Akosua on





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism