Flashbacks and Flashforwards

The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barak Obama


Yesterday I met with past participants of the NiNa Proramme . Confessions on the journey, I felt such a sense of joy in being aroud them, in seeing how level headed and generous they have become. I can understand now the joy of teaching and it's returns because if this is how I felt just being around them once per week, I can only imagine the feeling being around students daily and seeing their growth

Yesterday made all the sacrifices to find money and speakers worthwhile. That moment when I thought about packing it in last week, is now a distant memory especially seeing how they are now keen to give back to the programme.

Giving and receiving is indeed the same thing
I thank the Universe for the timely reminders that doing something bigger than yourself makes the world an easier place to live.

The NiNa Programme kicks off this July.

Have you read any of Akosua's work?
Nyabo (Madam) - Why Are You Here?
Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal


Follow Akosua on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism