Stand Comfortably in the Shadows

“(T)he only thing to do is to be where you are  at this moment,  sometimes looking about in the full light of consciousness, other times standing comfortably in the shadows of mystery and the unknown…. Care of The Soul

I have learnt that one of the things that contributes most to my stress is dwelling on the past and projecting the future with what if's based on fear!

Being in the present moment takes practice
Being in the present moment is not only about where you are physically it is about being present in the moment, you mind is right there.
Not thinking about what you could have done, ought to have done, should have done, going to do
Sometimes, confessions on the journey,my mind is saying
"I could be watching football right at this minute"
"Did I take the stove off?" well you know that sets it off!?! What if the house burns down to the ground? yada yada yada
"What is on my to do list for tomorrow?"
"Did I pay that bill?"
the conversations are endless... and I miss what is going on in front of me
when we are in the moment, we feel the energies, we remain conscious, it is truly a freeing moment where nothing else matters
The only other time I feel this way is on Jouvert morning, this is the start of the carnival in Trinidad and Tobago where we party on the streets at 4am having total fun!
And now I have chosen to be present, conscious and to stop overthinking
Giving it a right go for this week!

Maybe you ought to join me
Peace

 Have you read any of Akosua's work?
Nyabo (Madam) - Why Are You Here?
Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal

Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism