New Narratives

“Nothing has happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now.” Eckart Tolle


The FiFa World Cup is here! I love football, confessions on the Journey, I am a fan, I can sit and watch football all day, from any league in the world, I know the names of footballer's, the countries that they are from and the club teams they play for. I read football stories and stay at home on weekends purely to watch football. It brings me joy!
So, the world cup of football is here, every four years the best 32 teams of the world get together and play to determine who the champion is. I have had the oportunity to go to a world cup and it exceeded all expectations!
The competition started yesterday, normally I would be ready in front of my telly, snacks in hand to watch the opening ceremony and the opening game, then I would schedule my life around the must see games. I have been doing this for as long as I know myself.
Yesterday I found myself working, I missed it all! At one point I realised that I was never present where I was, I was there only in body. It was frustrating me.
The light bulb went off, be present where you are at the moment and look forward to going home to watch the highlights!
Simple!!!
Changed the entire day's outlook
How many times are we somewhere else and it frustrates us
How many times are we not present where we are? we think about what we have to do next, what we did not do and still must, what is on television, all sorts of things to transport us to anywhere else but where we are!
When we are fully present we have a full experience
Where we are is where we are supposed to be
Mentally checking out, we miss vital lessons

Be present
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?
Nyabo (Madam) - Why Are You Here?
Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal


Follow Akosua on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism