Acceptance Mode

"When people show you who they are believe them the first time" Maya Angelo


Do we really lose friends? I have been pondering this question for a few days

Or do we just wait until things are so obvious that the union cannot move forward in the way that we want?

Do we really know that some people's differences are not meshing with ours in a way that would prevent a mutual union in the future?

Do we play a role in how the relationship unfolds?

I go back to Maya Angelo's quote "when people show you who they are believe them the first time" and adjust accordingly. Adjust accordingly can mean, set some boundaries, it can mean having a frank and open conversation, it can mean loving them from afar.

In the last few weeks, a couple of relationships have shifted in the way that had me asking these questions
The hardest thing was me acceoting the role in which I played in this unfolding
In one case, the person just disappeared and when I reached out, they said they were busy. Never responded to calls or texts I was baffled!
The other case was one where the person was plain in their response that they prefer to be left alone and their actions were quite jarring!
Confessions on the Journey, it bothered me, I wanted to fix it, to make it right but I could not, in both cases they were unwilling to budge. So, I am in acceptance mode, I have to accept that it is what it is, and that shit is hard!

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism