NiNa Vacation Camp - Day 3

When emotions are suppressed they become frozen in your body and start eating cellular structure. This is responsible for all emotional pain – including guilt, shame, anger,  seeing how unharmful emotion is. You resist
in the moment the emotions appear they have  no power. Thus is the importance of feeling feeling when coming aware of them, not suppressing.

Suppression is doing anything other than feeling. When suppressing you blind yourself from seeing
ACIM


Two of the young ladies did not return for the second day. One of them told me that she would not be coming back after the first day, that she was bored. The other one did not say anything.
There is usually a story behind us all, and I truly believe that there is power in our story depending on how we choose to tell it.
I wanted her to return after getting the story however, if we are not ready, there is no one who can make us or take us to the point of readiness.
She had never been to school. She did not know how to write, She could not do the journalling exercise. She was not interested in anything where she had to write - to show others that she had this weakness
She was strong, a rugby player, her weight was her advantage, she used it as such - and sometimes destructively.
I don't know if we will ever see her again but what I do know is that I will continue to be an example to the one's that did show up and remember not to judge anyone because I don't know the full story
I know that if I get an oppotunity to see her again my approach will be different given my new lessons
Peace

www.akosuadardaineedwards.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism