If You Want it, Be It

You cannot have love if your heart is closed
You cannot have money if you are afraid of it
You cannot have freedom if you are unwilling to make choices
You cannot have peace if you think it means giving up something essential to your survival - One Day My Soul Just Opened Up

What you are running from you are running to
I love the line in the Course in Miracles that says whatever is lacking in a situation is because you have been unwilling to give it
If you want love, be willing to give love
If you want peace, be willing to be peace
And you can extend it to other things, the book you want to read, why not write it, the song you want to sing why not sing it?
The dress you want to wear, why not create it?

So many times our default is reasons, rationale, justification and excuses about why not!
You want to do something, you mention it but disclaim
I have no money right now
I have no friends to go with me
I have no
I cannot
It does not make sense
Talking yourself right out of the very thing you say you want to do
Why say it when you really believe it is untainable or that you will make no moves towards it?
Such a waste of words, time and effort
I have learnt that words can determine actions and beliefs so to keep them all in alignment
And when the self doubt comes, I brush up on the self talk to ensure that they get back into alignment
It takes work
It takes truth
It takes courage
It takes willingness
Are you willing
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism