Thank you For the Reminder

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius
This morning I had the opportunity to speak to the students at the San Juan South Secondary School's Career and Achievement Day. I must admit, speaking with teenagers terrify me, they are honest to the point of brutality, they don't pretend if they are not feeling you or getting the message
I always take the opportunity to speak to them because it pushes me over my comfort zone, I know right there and then when I have to raise my game even more than when I show up with what I think is a game changing message!
This morning did not disappoint, the energy in the room was high, they were there with me all the way guiding me to raise the game and be present in the moment. I truly learnt today how to feel comfortable with discomfort. and as soon as I surrendered to that feeling, we bacame one, the thing flowed so much, I was lauging and smiling and hollering, totally lost in the moment as opposed to me wondering if the audience was feeling me, if my face was greasy or my clothes were still in the right spot (I move around so much that things tend to move!)

Thank you San Juan South Secondary for the opportunity to share lessons on the Journey and the reminder to my own self to show up real
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism