Abandon all projections

Our prayer is that you dance by yourself and dance with your lovers; abandon all projections and enjoy life as music; engage all the benefits that come with reception; deflect potential accidents; turn them into blameless incidents and enjoy the joy that causes no harm and no foul . . . because you can . . . and you are always in love.Guru Singh


I have been cooking. Now why is that a thing you ask? And I don't blame you.
Well.....Confessions on the Journey - I have not cooked in a very long time. Probably almost a year has passed since I last cooked in the kitchen that I have.
The new normal has ushered me into the kitchen - Who Knew?

I have resisted cooking. 
I have fought against cooking
I made excuses 

Honestly, I don't like to cook. I am better at eating than cooking. 
I sat down and thought about this in my new time - what is this resistance about?
Resistance many times comes  with fear, sometimes it comes with denial.
Resistance comes with being defensive

So if I am resisting cooking what am I in fear and denial about?

I remember at a time I would love to cook, I would look up receipes and make them, and revel in the creation. I was well known for the Christmas Tuna and Plaintain Log. It became a tradition rund these parts.

But since living alone, I just have not been motivated to cook.
I asked myself - is it because I  am cooking for me?
Is it because I want to share meals

And now, cooking over the past few days it struck me, I like to share meals that I cook, cooking was my love language to others and transfering that love to myself was tough.
The love is still there, it was just to turn it inward.

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?




Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism