Being Fully Present


The Power of Mindfulness: Mindfulness is the energy of being aware of what is happening in the present moment. Recognize things as they are. Titch Nan Han
I am always fasicnated  when I am led to a message just in time and on time. 
A talk on mindfulness popped up on my feed over the past few days. This lesson resonated because I have found myself lately doing many things at the same time, then I get sidetracked and forgot my first intention. I sometimes have to laugh at myself and ask myself " Ok lady, what were you really wanting to do?"
Or sometimes I may be doing a task and still thinking about what I could have done better with the task that I just completed.
Then there is the anxiety of not completing the other tasks ahead of me in a timely manner.
Mindfulness reminds me to be present where I am. All in. Then move on to the next thing. Where ever I am, be all there. Fully!
I always thought that multitasking was so cool. Women in my family were praised for their ability to multi task. So for me, the ability to do so many tasks at the same time as a super power.
I have learnt the difference between multi tasking and mindfulness.
There can be many tasks on during a period however when on that particular task be fully there, not passing through thinking about the task done before and the upcoming one.
Focus, be fully present and then move.
What you focus on grows and so if we focus on worry about past and future, our worry will grow.
Being Fully Present
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism