Surrender is Expansive

There is an art to being sad. To really allow yourself to simply be sad - to not resist it, to not make it wrong, to not label it a problem, is an act of surrender. And surrender is expansive. It’s a letting go of judgments and grievances and explanations and justifications and excuses and any form of false positivism. Marianne Williamson

I was chatting with someone yesterday and she said she is letting the feelings come over her and letting it be. I thought that was a beautiful way to navigate through this time of great uncertainty. Allowing the feelings in and letting them be. Rather than judging them as right, wring, bad or good or dismissing them away asking them to leave you alone. Then letting them pass. 

I have been asking  myself "how do you feel?" And being open to the answer

Some days I feel content to laze around the house listening to music, reading, watching a movie
Some days I feel frustrated that I cannot go to the beach or outside as I darn well please
Some days I feel so grateful that I am at home alive, safe and healthy
Some days I cuss because of what I see online 
Some days I am happy

I have committed to let all the feelings wash over me, feel them and let them go. 
And that my friends, feels better.

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism