Mindfullness Is Connection to Self

Mindfulness -the art of being aware of what is happening in the present moment - Tich Na Haan

One of the lessons I am currently learning is about being mindful. Being in the present moment when I am doing something or being around others, just being present full stop.
Confessions on the Journey - My phone has become part of my body. I walk around with it, I sleep with it, I go to the bathroom with it, I run with it. The only time I don't have it with me is when I am exercising with my trainer. 
With mindfulness, I realised, that when the phone is with me I am not present where I am. I want to answer the messages, to check the IG, you name it, I find an excuse to be away from where I am and in another place aka the phone.

With mindfulness, being present involves giving everyone and everything my full attention until I am finished. Listen, it is harder than I thought because of old habits and conditioning. Since I have been mindful, I have realised that I enjoy being in the moment, that I feel so more connected and focused as opposed to splitting my time and getting piece of what is being offered in both areas. 

Mindfulness in my eating as well. I would sit and eat with my phone going through messages or whatever caught my fancy. As I practice being mindful, sitting and eating outside on the porch is an entirely different experience. 

I have learnt that being present is an opportunity to be with the Self, with the Source.
I will continue to practice it and see what happens

Peace
Have you read any of Akosua's work?
What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Follow Akosua on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism