Start Where You Are

THERE MUST BE A STARTING POINT at any juncture of development. You must start from where you are, not from where you want to be. - Steps to Knowledge

One of my absolute favourite lessons on the Journey, a woman in Uganda told me to just start with what you have in front of you.
Use what you have in your space.


When she told me I got so annoyed because I was of the view that we needed so much more to start our project. A laptop, a business plan and the list went on.
So if you don't start where you are with what you have how would you get to the laptop and the plan? Just start!
Can't you write the business plan?
Must you type it on a laptop?
These things will come when you start
I got it! It resonated there and then

Stop waiting on the perfect moment to start something, to start anything! Be willing, be courageous, be ready!

Peace
Have you read any of Akosua's work?
What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism