Be Intentional

I tried to drink it awayI tried to put one in the air
I tried to dance it away
I tried to change it with my hair

I ran my credit card bill up
Thought a new dress make it better
I tried to work it away
But that just made me even sadder

I tried to keep myself busy
I ran around circles
Think I made myself dizzy
I slept it away, I sexed it away
I read it away

Away, away, away, away, away, away
Away, away, away, away, away Cranes in the Sky, Solange Knowles


Today I was chatting with a good friend of mine, she has been having a career challenge. Her solution is to "work it away" and ignore it. To me,  with all my love and no judgement. If it works for you, work it
I have learnt that the "away away, away" solution has consequences if we are ready to deal with it then it's all good
If it's just to avoid feeling and dealing, well it's a trap, a set up, get ready for bad behavior, from yourself and the people around you because you attract it to you what you internalize - brutally honest.
If you want to look at what you have internalized, look at the patterns in your relationships and other affairs
The awesome thing is all that is required is a change of mind, a change of choice and the courage to face the thing square and say hey come on, come on in let's start something! You run, it runs with you
Simple right?
Get clear, keep it simple, be intentional
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism