Morning Rituals

Let me wake up today and do something of value and do it well Marianne Willamson

Do you have any rituals when you rise each day? Coming out of University and in my "previous life" working in the corporate world in London, I would wake up just in time to take a shower and catch the train. I had it down to a science. I didn't realize it at the time - started my day rushed, it continued that way and I subconsciously felt that I was playing catch up all day.

I changed my morning rituals a few years ago, if I am not taking a morning run , I wake up, spend some quiet time, maybe like ten minutes meditating or reflecting and then I read something positive and write in my journal anything that I am grateful for then say a prayer, a very simple one by Marianne Williamson - Dear God- I give this day to you, use me to do your work Amen I do this daily wherever I am in the world. It is a non negotiable.

On days that I run on mornings I do the ritual when I return from the run. I wake up at 5am daily, where ever I am and what ever I do. Sometimes I go back to bed depepnding on how tired I am but the internal alarm is at 5am despite the place I am in.
Have you seen a sunrise? Nothing much compares. I look for the sunrise almost daily, it is quite a humbling experience and never the same from day to day.

How do you start your day?
Share some of your rituals with me, curious minds wanna know
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism