What will you choose to focus on?


You cannot hate, argue, reason, fight, complain or yell at a dark room enough to illuminate it - only by shining a Light is darkness overcome. Be that Light."   - Anon

My car stalled last night, I was on my way home from a meeting at about 8pm and decided to get a bit to eat, heading home the car just stopped and refused to move! Oh boy! I keep turning the ignition and nothing! I get out and open the bonnet, a couple of men approach and starts speaking in the local language! Of course I couldn’t respond. One of the security men from work came, he couldn’t start it either. The men said to me, you give me 10,000 and I will start the car for you. I just spent my cash on my dinner! I said I only have 5,000 and one US dollar. He laughed and said no, I want 10,000! I told him sorry I don’t have it, he left! Another man came, he told me the same thing, Madam, 10,000 and I start this car! I told him the same thing I have 5,000 and one US dollar! He refused!

I said to him, is that how it works here, you pay someone to assist you? Then that is not assisting, you are providing a service, what would happen if you need help! He says everything costs in this country Madam, we have to eat and live!
I stood there for about twenty minutes and a car approached with strange number plates, he got out of the car and asked me if I needed a hand. I said yes, I asked him where do you come from? He told me he drove here from Zambia. He offered to give me a jump start but had no cables, we asked another person and I eventually had to part with my 5,000! The car started and I drove home!

In between the begging for money there are still good people around, I refuse to let a few change my view that there are still good people in the world. I also thought about why some countries are in a right ole bad state! People make up a country and  the country will reflect the collective consciousness of the people!

So what did I learn today?
Apart from it costs 10,000schilings for a jump start, there are still good people in the world and I will always chose to focus on the good!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism