Do you live an inauthentic life because you can't bear the thought that they might disapprove of you?


How do you react when you think you need people's love? Do you become a slave for their approval? Do you live an inauthentic life because you can't bear the thought that they might disapprove of you? Do you try to figure out how they would like you to be, and then try to become that, like a chameleon? In fact, you never really get their love. You turn into someone you aren't, and then when they say "I love you," you can't believe it, because they're loving a facade. They're loving someone who doesn't even exist, the person you're pretending to be. It's difficult to seek other people's love. It's deadly. In seeking it, you lose what is genuine. This is the prison we create for ourselves as we seek what we already have.”
Byron Katie
I’ve been reading and hearing that  we seek what we already have and I must admit I have been confused about exactly what that means! I kept asking myself so does that mean I have everything that I need right now, then why am I wanting more? It baffled me no end! And just on cue when you ask you receive. I opened my mouth and asked what does this mean? I shouted it at the top of my lungs one morning when I was reading and saw it again! No way is this statement popping up in front of me again! In response to it I asked! I love the Universe! It takes such wonderful care of me! The answer came to me just as I was driving to work. Everything is right inside you, recognise it! Love- right inside you! Abundance- everywhere around you, Joy – comes from you! What’s the problem? Why do you keep searching for it? Tap into what you have and see how you attract more of it! It was like a light bulb went off!
We have the tendency to identify external things as the source, its not! Its an extension of you and your thoughts so when we lose the job we believe we have lost abundance, when the lover leaves we think love has left! No, those things are not love and abundance, they are a manifestation of it which really comes from you and your thoughts about them! Well well who knew! This revelation brought me such a sense of calm!
I must admit, I was a chronic people pleaser, and many times just to avoid conflict  I would go along or I would be inauthentic to ensure that they continue to like me! Or I would chase it down like the last bus after a party! Now, as I know better I do better!
So you mean that I have it all? You mean there is no need to go searching, seeking, running it down? Nope! Tap into your source and recognise it, bring it forth and watch the magic unfold!
It starts NOW!
Peace!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism