Road Trip Time Again


Real achievement comes from choosing to achieve, again and again, moment after moment, until the goal is attained. Real achievement comes from choosing to achieve, and then continually reaffirming that choice with action Ralph Marston

What did I learn today? Road trip time, I am heading 6hours away to the North for my last session as my time here draws to a close. The war ended in 2005 and signs of progress are evident. The buildings are being rebuilt.  I look at the buildings going up and I think can these buildings replace the houses with families that were destroyed? The roads are being re-laid, I think can these new roads replace the dirt ones that the young ladies walked for days with no shoes and heavy loads on their head? I look at the businesses coming back and I think will these jobs replace the time lost by these girls who were made soldier wives at age 13? And yet I have learnt that there are no victims here. That is the anthem drummed in me over and over again. When you play victim you give away your power. I have learnt that yes, we have endured these horrors however there is always a full stop at the end of a sentence and  there is always a “then what?”. There is always a then what? a what next? Life is always in session.

I am overflowing with gratitude for the time I spent here, I am grateful for the lessons, for this awesome gift of a life that I have. to be part of the full stop, to be part of the “then what?”, for the ancestors, the freedom fighters, the women who have rebuilt this place and showed me that there is always a choice, always a choice to choose love, starting with self! That it serves no purpose to blindly obsess over the world’s superficial trinkets  to waste my time worrying about what I cannot do and what I do not have , I have life and I have choice!

May I serve with mush fire, much heart, much desire, much thanks and much prayer

Today I am grateful for all the women who speak their truth, to freedom, change, healing and LOVE! Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism