Showing up


“Hello, sun in my face. Hello you who made the morning and spread it over the fields…Watch, now, how I start the day in happiness, in kindness.” ~ Mary Oliver

This morning I woke up and had second thoughts about going to run! The pillows and bed were stacked up and feeling fine, outside the weather was conducive to lying in bed! Then the phone rang and I answered to discuss the day's event (today I am at the La Casa Azul Book store in East Harlem) the phone call was a sign to get up! Yesterday at dinner we were talking about where would be nice to run! I was told that Prospect Park would be ideal and it is in walking distance.

I got up and headed towards the park, beautiful spot, there were people running, walking, cycling, doing yoga! In the middle somewhere I bumped into a lake and got lost, a group of runners approached me and one of the guys said join us its a circuit! Turns out that he was a personal trainer with a group running the park! Was so worth it to wake up and run! I joined the group had a lovely session and as I was leaving he said we meet at 845 am on Friday morning, join us! Made my day!\
Off to bite off a piece of Harlem!
Have a super day peeps
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism